Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Binary pin-up sketches

I don't know much about these, other than the fact that they're old.  I recently found them in a folder with some material from the '80's.  But they were drawn so long ago that I simply don't remember what they're for or any of the circumstances surrounding them.  


I'm not even sure if it's really Binary.  It looks like her, but I can't say for certain.  In 1984 I did a set of pin-ups for an issue of Marvel Fanfare that included Jean Grey, She-Hulk and Red Sonja.  This would have fit right in with them except they're all super-skinny and this lady has just a little more meat on her bones.  That leads me to think these were done a bit later, possibly for a commission, but for some reason, it was never completed.


I suppose it's even possible that I did draw a finished version.  I don't think I did, but it was so long ago that I really can't say for certain one way or the other.


First, the 2 x 3" thumbnail sketch, followed by 8.5 x 11" pencil layout:






3 comments:

  1. Like the shading on this rough. Especially the face and the upper part of her torso.

    And what, you can't remember what you were doing almost 20 years ago? Kind of a lame excuse. :) j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty seems to be about the cut off point for my memory. This one falls outside that by a few years. I'm guessing it was around '85 or '86.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i admire the position your in. to have so much work, that you can't remember it all. wonderful career, i hope to have.

    peace out

    ReplyDelete